Friday, May 2, 2014

6-way 9mm Defense Load Comparison



Most ambitious of our tests thus far (Part 1 above). Comparing 6 different Self Defense loads out of the...

...EDG 9mm Beretta 92FS. I think I covered just about everything I could think of in the video already... hence the extremely long combined length, but we do have a few photo stills of the test. Didn't get the same number of exhaustive stills I usually do because we were racing the fading light.





Quite a selection of ammo if I might say so myself. Makes me feel rich in lead ; ]




Right side gel block. Well spaced out shots. No crossing wounds.




A little blurry, but left side block. Looks like I could've utilized the top of the gel blocks a little better...




Image of the 124gr HST before cutting. Pretty solid initial wound track. The spiraling damage in gel is always something that I think is cool to look at.




Side shot of the Golden Saber 147gr, unfortunately can't see the damage real well... (I wonder what Guns and Ammo TV does to get the damage lit up pink like they do in their Ballistic Lab demos.)




Picture of the Hornady Critical Duty +P 135gr on the left, and the Golden Saber 147gr on the right from the back end of the gel block.

Watch part 2 of the video for an exhaustive (too exhaustive?) breakdown of the results.


Thanks for the read! Hope you enjoy the information in the videos above.

No comments:

Post a Comment